Labels

Ads

ads
LightBlog

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The Shooter’S Sandwich – Agree Ho Indeed

Even though this trendy shooter’s sandwich has been requested many times, I’ve resisted making ane because I’ve e'er felt at that topographic point were meliorate handheld delivery systems for steak in addition to mushroom ingestion. Like a panini for example, or mayhap fifty-fifty a cheesy quesadilla; but pressed into a cold, difficult wedge?

Then, I had an incredibly small-scale epiphany. I ran across the origins of the shooter’s sandwich online, in addition to realized I mightiness direct maintain been missing the point. This wasn’t something yous construct for but whatever lunch; it was something yous construct to direct maintain on a foxhunt (or what yous Americans telephone band a “tailgate party”).

I can’t recollect the concluding fourth dimension I was on a foxhunt, but later on giving this a try, I tin encounter the advantages of this real filling, real flavorful, in addition to real sturdy sandwich. But, every 2d I stressed inwards the video, yous actually necessitate a twain huge steaks to construct this work. Even cooked slightly exceed medium, this was okay, but unopen to other half-inch of tender, pinkish meat would direct maintain made the whole matter significantly better.

So, I gauge if I were going on a long hike, or out for a relaxing twenty-four hours of shooting innocent foxes, I would regard making this again, but spell I tucked in, I direct maintain to admit, I’d belike last dreaming near a steaming hot, steak in addition to mushroom hoagie. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 8 Portions:
(Note: I didn’t mensurate anything, ‘cause it’s a sandwich, but these should last unopen enough.)

For the mustard sauce:
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp extra hot horseradish
1 tbsp mayo

For the mushrooms:
1 tbsp olive petroleum
1 tbsp butter, divided
1 1/2 pound push mushrooms
salt in addition to pepper to taste
cayenne to taste
1/2 loving cup minced shallots
2 tbsp brandy or sherry

The rest:
2 at to the lowest degree sixteen to18-oz well-trimmed beef steaks (rib eye, NY strip, or top-sirloin are best choices, inwards that order). Seared inwards unopen to vegetable oil.
salt in addition to pepper to gustation
3-4 oz fine pate, optional
1 circular loaf of crusty bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

LightBlog